It is really important to look after your dental health and to have regular dental health checks and cleans. Here are five reasons why….
General Health Link
1. Your dental health is closely linked to your general health and poor dental health and oral hygiene may cause more general health issues
2. A Dental Examination/Dental Health Check includes an Oral Cancer Screening. Oral Cancer Screening can pick up oral cancer at an early stage; ‘the incidence of oral cancer is rising in Europe and approximately 300 people are diagnosed with mouth cancer in Ireland annually’ (Irish Independent Sept 2015)
3. Regular cleaning and in some cases deeper scaling (cleaning under the gum) helps prevent inflammation of the gums (gingivitis) tooth decay and bone loss (periodontal disease).
4. Having good dental health and a clean mouth will help you keep your teeth, can improve your appearance, give you fresher breath and give you more confidence!
Less Treatment in Long Run
5. Those patients that have Regular Dental Health Checks and Dental Cleans tend to need less treatment due to the fact that the mouth remains in a healthy state and problems are picked up early.
Most people are entitled to a one free Dental Examination a year on the PRSI or through their Dental Insurance Provider!
Lear more about our dental health check service at Grand Canal Dental Clinic.
If you require any further information on how we can help you. Contact us at Grand Canal Dental Clinic, Dublin 4 on 016643484 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
No comments yet.